Alcohol and Health Screening Tools
Tools for patient-centered screening and assessing a patient's risk for unhealthy alcohol use:
- Getting Started with Alcohol Screening fact sheet. This planning document will help you establish the screening process, including where supplies are located and what to do if the patient screens are positive.
- Behavioral Health Screening PHQ2-AuditC and PHQ9. An annual behavioral health screening tool that includes the PHQ, AUDIT C, questions relative to substance use, and the extended PHQ-9.
- Behavioral Health Screening PHQ2-AuditC and PHQ9 - Spanish. Spanish-translated annual behavioral health screening tool includes the PHQ2, AUDIT C, questions relative to substance use, and the extended PHQ9.
- Customized Screening Tool: Fall Risk and Tobacco Audit C PHQ9. Example of how the screening tool can be customized to include other screening questions.
- Audit C Overview and Scoring Instructions. Explanation of scoring of Audit C with guidance on the next steps.
- MI-SPARC Flow Staff Training for Audit C. Example workflow for rooming staff with scripting examples.
- Annual Behavioral Health Questionnaire (Audit C Only). This document contains only the three questions from Audit C without additional depression screening and substance use questions.